Tuesday 20 September 2011

Crown Dragon


Guanlong wucaii; 'Crown dragon of the five colours' (such a glorious name).  The 'five colours' being those of the rocks of the Wucaiwan formation, where its fossils were found.  

Painted as a gift. The full view is about five times larger than the original, which measures 11.5 x 8.5cm. Here is a picture with a penny for scale.  

Watercolour and a little gouache on Fabriano hot pressed watercolour paper, 300gsm/140lbs.

I should like to issue a small note of apology to readers of this blog who are already familiar with a number of my saurian pieces from my DeviantArt gallery and elsewhere; I'm afraid you will be seeing a good number of those popping up here too as I begin to build up the blog's content.  I'm sorry for the repetition.



No comments:

Post a Comment